Product Developer / Producer
CreatorUp is a global leader in digital media training and digital content creation. We help companies create videos at scale that drive results, powering partners like Google, Twitter, and UCLA. Our first-of-its-kind video marketplace makes video easy for small businesses to large enterprises by providing transparent pricing and click-to-buy simplicity in the complex world of video content production. We’re passionate about creating opportunities for creators – and we believe we can pair every project with the perfect creative team from our 5,000+ creator network. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing company as we expand our work globally.
Reporting to the SVP – Head of Product, the Product Developer / Producer will drive the design of our vast array of over 500 video content production and training development products, develop new products and manage the presentation of product offerings on our marketplace. The role requires a strong understanding of video production, sales and merchandising.
The Product team ensures CreatorUp’s video production and training products are designed and attractively presented in our e-commerce marketplace, and develops and implements strategies for adoption of digital tools by sales, physical production (service delivery) and clients.
This role will work remotely and requires access to adequate workspace/computer. Occasional travel to our Los Angeles headquarters and/or other locations may be required. Typical working hours are based on Pacific Time but may vary.
- Development of 500+ new products for the marketplace, including bespoke products for enterprise clients. Your creative and line producing skills will help you in designing, pricing and packaging a new interview product for Google today or a new instructor webcam edit product for educational clients the next. Able to “own” projects but also work as a collaborator.
- Optimize the merchandising of existing products in the marketplace including design and implementation of SEO tags, samples, add-ons, and product descriptions, responding to an ever-improving platform and user interface regularly.
- Manage development of product configuration tools to reduce friction in the buying process and make it easier for salespeople and clients to customize product offerings.
- Continually research industry trends, best-practices and language used to describe an evolving product landscape. How are people describing XR/VR products today? How do they differentiate levels of video editing services?
- Manage the re-implementation of samples and product descriptions as needed to more closely align with industry specific product offerings.
- Become an expert in our product catalogue and platform and train and assist salespeople in identifying the best product offering for their clients.
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams to develop product marketing collateral and optimize workflows with production to make new product offerings possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in film/video production or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of work experience in video/film/tv production environments – you’ll need to think like a producer, a marketer and, at times, an educator, so experience in these areas is critical.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States
- Experience in product management – record of bringing product to market.
- Experience in ecommerce and/or educational technology settings
- Experience synthesizing complex situations for executives.
- Experience executing complex, strategic, and operational initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, excel in cross-functional collaboration, and lead without direct authority.
- Strong understanding of established web standards and UI best practices, and a curiosity about emerging design trends.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strategy, operations, problem-solving, structuring, and analyzing skills.