Producer (Edu/Social Impact)
CreatorUp is a global leader in digital media training and digital content creation. We help companies create videos at scale that drive results, powering partners like Google, Twitter, West Coast University and UCLA. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing company as we expand our work in the educational content space.
Reporting to the Head of Production, the Producer will be responsible for creation, production and management of multi-platform content for CreatorUp. The Producer will manage internal and external productions to create cutting edge digital content as well as educational content and digital learning experiences that redefine student engagement.
This role will be an integral part of the CreatorUp Production Department. The Producer will collaborate with internal team members as well as external crew, writers, subject matter experts, consultants and external partners to produce high impact educational content and other digital & social content.
The Producer will work on a wide-range and variety of content production including, but not limited to, education and digital learning topics. One day, you might be in pre-production on an interactive narrative series for an educational client. The next, you might be directing and producing a digital documentary series for a social impact organization. The work will be creatively and logistically challenging but very rewarding.
- Serve as team lead and main contact for production of projects as assigned.
- Supervision of creative process – from development to final delivery of multiple projects occurring at different stages at the same time.
- Knowledge of producing content that can be live action, narrative as well as animated.
- Directly manage the team/crew responsible for executing the creative vision for the project.
- Produce and direct shoots for educational content, as assigned.
- Manage on-camera talent as it relates to all aspects of the creative process and coordinate casting of talent for projects as needed.
- Review treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, scripts, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, narration and final versions of all assigned productions.
- Acts as CreatorUp’s representative to outside partners and clients and is responsible for maintaining relationships with those clients and other external vendors as needed.
- Look at core curriculum and build out video strategy
- 5+ years of production experience as a producer in the educational field. Candidate should have experience either creating or writing educational content.
- 2-3 years’ experience or knowledge of working with or being an instructional designer(s) or teachers/educators.
- 3+ years’ experience managing individual team members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage creative, physical production and post-production processes from conception to completion. Producing, line-producing, post-producing and directing experience – and ability to wear multiple hats is critical.
- Confidence in speaking the language of education with faculty and administrators and present a professional image to these constituencies.
- Ability to think like a producer and director at the same time – creatively, fiscally, logistically. Leaning into financial and logistical challenges to develop outstanding creative solutions that are attainable.
- Knowledge of the digital space and social content is a plus.
- Demonstrated track record in creative execution.
- Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with talent including on camera hosts, experts and cast members.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Please send resume (required), reel or work samples (required) and LinkedIn (optional).
For the right candidate this can turn into a full-time role but will begin on a project-by-project basis.