Learning Experience Designer / Canvas LMS Expert
Role: Learning Experience Designer / Canvas LMS Expert
CreatorUp has partnered with an educational publisher to enhance engagement, update current resources, streamline access, and add beauty to 30 existing asynchronous college courses.
CreatorUp is looking for a creative, Learning Experience (LX) Designer with expertise in the customization of the Canvas LMS who can work in partnership with the Lead Learning Designer to support this enhancement and redesign of the courses.
Responsibilities for initial project
- Conceive, design and build a course shell/template to create an aesthetically pleasing learning environment that can be applied across all subject areas while maintaining consistency of design across all modules, assessments and assignments
- Use existing brand fonts and colors to deliver a best-in-class LX to include: course shells, landing pages, navigational structure and CTAs
- Recommend and configure best-fit solutions for incorporation of third-party interactive learning objects (ILO) where appropriate, to include: API, direct embed or iFrame.
- Ensure design is consistent with accessibility in line with WCAG 2.1 Level AA
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Canvas LMS in a higher-education environment delivered to asynchronous students.
- Creative vision for customizing out-of-the box tools to enhance engagement and appeal to adult learners.
- Skilled in conducting user testing interviews and delivering demos to various stakeholders.
- Experience designing to meet WCAG 2.1 AA standards and comfortable with Universal Design for Learners (UDL) concepts.
- Used to working in an agile, collaborative environment with many quick revisions and incorporation of feedback from various stakeholders.
Timeline: Jan 2023 to April 2023 with a max of approx 45 hours (with an option to renew for additional scope)