Director of Network
CreatorUp is a global leader in digital media training and digital content creation. We help companies create videos at scale that drive results, powering partners like Google, Twitter, and UCLA. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing company as we expand our work globally.
We are seeking a Director of Network to help lead the growth and development of the CreatorUp global freelancer network. This role is integral to the success of the company, as it supplies the content creation side of the business.
As the Director of Network, you must have a passion for the digital content industry and a strong knowledge of video production, as well as a vast network of contacts in production and a burning desire to build a talented network of creatives. Experience in sourcing qualified talent and staffing projects with a quick turnaround is key. You must be a strong proactive leader, strategic and organized, efficient in your work, have a strong ability to multitask, have a great eye for creative talent, be a good communicator & listener, and pay close attention to detail. Most importantly, you must be inviting, as you are the first person any new network member or lead at a partnership organization will come into contact with.
As the Director of Network, you will be responsible for the growth and development of CreatorUp’s freelancer network. You will play a key role in creating and amplifying outreach efforts and building an engaged community of talented, creative, hard-working freelancers across the world.
Your responsibilities include:
- Grow the CreatorUp network of freelancers
- Develop and execute talent outreach strategies, in social, email, etc… to scale the network and staff for client projects (ie,: strong user knowledge of Facebook groups, StaffMeUp, your own creative network, etc…)
- Build partnerships with staffing services, creator organizations and film schools, with an emphasis on diversity & inclusion
- Vet and meet with new creators to assess individual skill level and make recommendations for employment and/or training programs — including reviewing producer and director reels, reading writing samples, and interviewing production coordinators and PA’s
- Source and hire crew and talent by understanding the needs of the production & training teams to find the right match for each individual project
- Create and implement internal onboarding materials to ensure quality control and client success
- Create and implement courses for certification and establishing a badging system to verify creators levels of experience
- Liaise with the Creative Director, Head of Production and the Head of Digital Innovation & Operations to help build out the user experience
- Manage the feedback process, with client surveys and producer reviews of their freelance crew
- Collaborate with the marketing and social team around network needs in relation to the content calendar
- Manage a Network Coordinator to assist in all of the above
- 5+ years of experience in building an online community for creatives / creators
- Experience in sourcing, staffing, and hiring low-budget narrative and docustyle producers and production crew
- Experience in a customer service, artist services or creator support role is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of the entertainment industry, or digital video industry and production (budgets, on-set procedures, industry norms and more)
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including social media
- Strong leadership skills and mentorship mentality
- Inspired ideas on how to help grow the network and foster talent within it