Department Coordinator (Product)
CreatorUp is a global leader in digital media training and digital content creation. We help companies create videos at scale that drive results, powering partners like Google, Twitter, and UCLA. Our first-of-its-kind video marketplace makes video easy for small businesses to large enterprises by providing transparent pricing and click-to-buy simplicity in the complex world of video content production. We’re passionate about creating opportunities for creators – and we believe we can pair every project with the perfect creative team from our 5,000+ creator network. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing company as we expand our work globally.
The Product team ensures CreatorUp’s video production and training products are designed and attractively presented in our e-commerce marketplace, and develops and implements strategies for adoption of digital tools by sales, physical production (service delivery) and clients. We create products and systems that remove barriers for creators to get to work and ensure their success.
Reporting to the SVP – Head of Product and working in collaboration with the Product Developer / Producer and Content Manager, the Product Department Coordinator will track and coordinate administrative details of the department, staying five steps ahead of their team to clear the pathway for the department to make a great contribution to our business.
- Meeting management, including preparing agendas and presentations, taking notes and distributing action items.
- Communicating on behalf of the SVP-Head of Product and Product Team internally and externally.
- Complex email and calendar management and scheduling on behalf of the SVP-Head of Product and Product Team.
- Support sales initiatives by preparing agendas and presentations, tracking sales opportunities (likely using Salesforce), and sorting out invoicing and accounts payable issues between the account rep, client, and accounts payable teams.
- Varying administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, ordering supplies / gifts, etc…
- Regularly review product offerings on CreatorUp marketplace and report and fix errors as needed.
- Light project management and expense tracking duties.
- Knowledge of Video Content Production: The Product Department Coordinator will have a high attention to detail and accuracy, using their existing experience dealing with video content production, their experience supporting creative and/or product executives, and their ground level understanding of video content terminology to provide informed administrative support.
- Quality Communication: The Department Coordinator must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, Slack messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our Coordinator will regularly work with sensitive company information, discretion and sensitivity regarding such information is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with the SVP-Head of Product, the Coordinator will also work with members of the Product Team and team members from other departments. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit without complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling our Product Team to serve our company and customers at the top of their game, our Coordinator will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your team, clearing the path for them to make the greatest contribution.
- Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be technologically savvy and will not be intimidated by learning new technology. Proficiency in the following tech platforms is ideal: Slack, Google Suite, Zoom, Google Meets, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a coordinator role, ideally supporting a high-level leader in a creative setting.
- This role will work remotely and requires access to adequate workspace/computer.
- Occasional travel to our Los Angeles headquarters and/or other locations may be required.
- Typical working hours are based on 9 am – 5:30 pm Pacific Time but may vary.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States