Content Manager (Product)
CreatorUp is a global leader in digital media training and digital content creation. We help companies create videos at scale that drive results, powering partners like Google, Twitter, and UCLA. Our first-of-its-kind video marketplace makes video easy for small businesses to large enterprises by providing transparent pricing and click-to-buy simplicity in the complex world of video content production. We’re passionate about creating opportunities for creators – and we believe we can pair every project with the perfect creative team from our 5,000+ creator network. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing company as we expand our work globallyReporting to the SVP – Head of Product and working in collaboration with the Product Developer / Producer, the Content Manager will manage product-related content on our video marketplace, writing and editing copy, choosing or editing samples and thumbnails, merchandising product offerings and maintaining back-end organization, SEO, etc…
The Product team ensures CreatorUp’s video production and training products are designed and attractively presented in our e-commerce marketplace, and develops and implements strategies for adoption of digital tools by sales, physical production (service delivery) and clients.
This role will work remotely and requires access to adequate workspace/computer. Occasional travel to our Los Angeles headquarters and/or other locations may be required. Typical working hours are based on Pacific Time but may vary.
- Management of 500+ new products for the marketplace, including bespoke products for enterprise clients. You are highly organized and detail-oriented – every product must be accurately listed and work properly. Able to “own” projects but also work as a collaborator.
- Optimize the merchandising of existing products in the marketplace including design and implementation of SEO tags, samples, add-ons, and product descriptions, responding to an ever-improving platform and user interface regularly.
- Work in conjunction with the rest of the product team on development of product configuration tools to reduce friction in the buying process and make it easier for salespeople and clients to customize product offerings.
- Continually research industry trends, best-practices and language used to describe an evolving product landscape. How are people describing XR/VR products today? How do they differentiate levels of video editing services?
- Manage the re-implementation of samples and product descriptions as needed to more closely align with industry specific product offerings.
- Ensure samples, thumbnails and product descriptions are attractive, accurate and clear.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in content management – you know your way around content management systems but also know how to think like a merchandiser.
- Must have legal right to work in the United States
- Experience in film, video or TV settings and an understanding of the product offerings.
- Experience in ecommerce and/or educational technology settings
- Experience in sales or client-facing roles – a deep understanding of what clients may be looking for.
- Experience executing complex, strategic, and operational initiatives.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, excel in cross-functional collaboration, and lead without direct authority.
- Strong understanding of established web standards and UI best practices, and a curiosity about emerging design trends.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.